a company website redesign
Visual code studio, Sourcetree,
Bikin (Moderna template)
How it happened
I expressed to my manager that I would be interested in learning a bit of front-end development, as I thought that it would be helpful to know as a UX/UI Designer. The opportunity came up to redesign our company's marketing website, and my manager kindly gave me the time and shared some resources for me to learn.
- Basic styling and responsive fixes with CSS
- Adding in all of the content with HTML
- Finding the Moderna template for us to use and revising the layout to fit our needs
- Creating the device mockups
- Time - working on this alongside usual UX work
- Busy stakeholders - we spent a lot of time waiting for content/feedback from our stakeholders, as they had a lot of other priorities happening at the same time
- Learning curve - getting familiar with HTML and CSS. I spent a lot of time Googling for answers, iterating, and inspecting code, but it was a good learning experience.
- Added individual product pages allowed us to add more product specific information, instead of having one long homepage
- Added FAQ and Testimonials on product pages as necessary
- Clearer device mockups and images